Friday, March 4, 2022

The Bidar Fort



RIDE TO BIDAR FORT

 

 The passion for trekking and exploring forts developed during my childhood when my father took my elder brother and I to Koilkonda Fort, in Mahbubnagar district of Telangana, India. Perhaps, I will create another post on Koilkonda fort soon. If anyone asks me, what triggered my interest exploring ancient forts? I can firmly say that it's the desolation, the state of it's complete emptiness. The emptiness rich in history. A place once prospered and was a crown proclaiming the grand works of past rulers, but now deteriorating. Also, trekking and exploring forts is one of the best ways to beat stress. 

Route to Bidar Fort


Bidar fort is located in North-Eastern part of Karnataka state, India and about 150 Kms from Hyderabad. While there are many trains to Bidar from Hyderabad and Secunderabad, I preferred to travel by road on my Motorbike, Xpulse 200. I chose  NH 65 which starts at Pune and ends at Machilipatnam but the stretch I was travelling was from Hyderabad-Zaheerabad and detour at Zaheerabad and travelled on Zaheerabad-Bidar road to reach my destination. There are rest areas and many restaurants along the way so the struggle finding food will be less.


The journey was exciting through plain land, vast land with red soil top, and by few water bodies. The road to Bidar fort, maintained by the state, was not in good shape but it was fun riding on a road rugged road.

The Bidar Fort


The moment I entered into the Bidar city, I saw the fort main bastion which looked to be in good shape but with few cracks. I followed google maps and passed by the Dulhan Darwaza and then got on to the main fort road and finally reached the fort.

To visually see my journey, and to know history and parts of the fort, please click the image below

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bidar Fort

RIDE TO BIDAR FORT    The passion for trekking and exploring forts developed during my childhood when my father took my elder brother and I ...